General Information for the USWFFT National Team Application
Thank you for your interest in joining the United States Women's Fly Fishing Team (USWFFT).
In March 2021, six anglers were selected to be the inaugural group of the newly sanctioned National Team. They were chosen
based on their exposure to competition fly fishing and they accepted the added responsibility to prepare the foundation
for future teams. Each member will be required to participate in qualifying events and to compete to earn her position on
the team in the Spring of 2022.
At this time, if you are interested in being considered for the USWFFT National Team, the current selection process
consists of the following:
1. Complete the "Phase 2_USWFFT Team Application" by following this link: https://forms.gle/3wS6BVCupreECe316
2. Participate in fly fishing clinics to learn competition skills focused education opportunities. There are plans to host
clinics in the West (Idaho, Utah, Colorado) and at least one in the East (Pennsylvania, New York). Others may be added
as conditions allow.
3. Compete in sanctioned competitions and a team selection event that is tentatively planned for Spring of 2022.
The team selection will be based upon participation in and performance at clinics and competitions.
Once we receive your completed Team Application, we will invite you to future clinics and competitions.
Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.
USWFFT Selection Committee
United States Women's Fly Fishing Team
P.O. Box 751, State College, PA 16804
The USWFFT is a member of the USAC, a 501 (c)(3) non-profit, Federal I.D. 47-0970004
- Interested anglers must be at least 18 years of age and be a citizen of the United States.
- The United States Women's Fly Fishing Team will consist of up to fifteen (15) women anglers who will work together to increase angler skills in fly fishing competition skills under the rules of FIPS-Mouche and promote the USWFFT Mission Statement.
- The selection process may include an interview(s) via video conference (Zoom/Google Meet)
- Potential Team members selected for the World Championships (WLFFC) may need to provide personal financing expenses related to international championships, (approximately US$3,000 to $5,000), which include, but are not limited to, competition entry fee, travel, transportation, food, lodging, fishing licenses, guide expenses, equipment and materials, other incidentals
- If selected, the USWFFT may conduct a general background check
- Membership on the team is a privilege awarded by the organization
- The USWFFT does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Questions can be sent to USWFFT email@example.com