The Mission of the United States Youth Fly Fishing Team is to develop the highest quality competitive fly-fishing team to represent the United States in the FIPS-Mouche worldwide competition each year. We are dedicated to excellence in the education of the sport of competitive fly fishing, stream conservation, the value of our waterways, the etiquette of sportsmanship and international fellowship. During international forums and competitions, we vow to represent the United States of America with dignity, respect and integrity. The USYFFT (a 501 (c)(3) non profit) was incorporated in 2008 with a Board of Directors, the members of which represent significant areas of the sport, industry, and education. The USYFFT program strives to instill in young anglers an understanding of, and appreciation for, such life skills as high self esteem, personal accountability, self-discipline, goal setting and the satisfaction of achieving those goals. We believe that the process of achieving is as significant as realizing the achievement itself.
Code of Conduct
The coaching staff and managers of Team USA Youth expect these rules to be followed during the practice, tryout, clinic, competition, championship or tournament. Any violation of the following code may result in immediate dismissal from the event and /or the team.
Participation with the USYFFT is an honor and a privilege. This comes with the expectation of behavior which is in accordance with being an ambassador of your community and country. An angler's continuance with the US Youth Fly Fishing Team depends not only upon his or her fishing performance but also on his or her conduct.
Please sign the bottom of this one page as acknowledgment of reading, understanding and agreeing to abide by this code. You must return this page either by scanning and emailing, or mailing it through the postal service, to the Team Secretary.
- Zero tolerance policy on alcohol and illegal drug use and/or possession.
- Zero tolerance policy on criminal activity.
- Members of Team USA Youth, as well as those who are working towards a position on the team, have a responsibility to act appropriately when speaking, writing and using email and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and others). It is expected that you will act with integrity and courtesy when dealing with reporters, journalists, sponsors, and when having photographs or videos taken. Your words and images are seen worldwide and reflect on your maturity and the reputation of Team USA Youth. It is expected that everyone acts with the best intentions and to the highest standards.
- Personal vehicles are permitted to licensed drivers.
- A “no tobacco use” policy is in force at all times.
- Lost and found articles are to be turned into staff immediately.
- Team USA Youth is co-ed; modest clothing and behavior is expected.
- All injuries are to be reported to the staff immediately. No injuries are considered insignificant.
I, the undersigned, have read the above Rules of Conduct set forth by the US Youth Fly Fishing Team and I agree to abide by said rules. I fully understand that violation of these rules may result in my dismissal from the practice, tryout, clinic,championship or tournament. I further understand that dismissal from the event may result in my forfeiture of any future position on Team USA Youth.
The United States Youth Fly Fishing Team, Inc (USYFFT) was incorporated in 2008 as a 501(c)(3) non profit organization with both the IRS and within the state of Pennsylvania, and is headquartered in State College, PA. The Employer Identification Number is 26-1759674. This is documented in the organization's by-laws available upon request.